Please join me and other UsefulArtists at an amazing, free, online event hosted by the Online Marketing Summit.
One of the great things about social media is the generosity among practitioners, and the real relationships that develop. That’s why I’m thrilled to be part of a line-up of social media pros who are giving away a full day of their best ideas. And we’re doing it as a free social marketing webinar so everyone, no matter where they are, can participate at no cost.
These are people you should know and tune in to:
- Tim Ash who I invoke when I teach UX as the foundation for effective design.
- Jeanne Hopkins a breakthrough marketer with deep roots in marketing education at Hubspot and MecLabs/Marketing Sherpa.
- Chris Winfield CMO of BlueGlass, a combination of individual marketing agency titans.
- Clara Shih one of Fast Company’s most influential women in technology, who is also a social media author.
Take my word, there are more equally groovy presenters. I’m proud to share the stage with any of them, and will amp it up accordingly. Last time I was with them they let me talk about Future of Digital Marketing at their Boston stop. That’s where the expression “Reading is For Suckers” came from. To give you an idea of where this could go this year, my first slide will discuss commonalities of sex and social media.
Bring friends, students, colleagues….we want to share. (I’ve mentioned its free five times now – this is for fun and honor.) Tweet it up, and back channel me during my preso, using the hashtag: #OMSVIR. Please mark your schedule, register, and come put some life in the party!
I’ll actually show up on twice at this event, and I hope you will too!
- Let’s talk smack: They’re letting me host an interactive shmooze at (11:45AM – 12:oo PM CT / 12:45 – 1 PM Eastern).
Come say “hi” and help me get ready for the most manic session ever.
- Cut the hype and measure: I get to take on the hottest topic in marketing – the truth about ROI and social media measurement. (2:15PM – 3PM Central / 3:15 – 4PM Eastern)
I’m calling the presentation: Anti-Hype – Measuring What Counts for Your Business in Social Media.
In a world where most books could be boiled down to magazine articles — I’m going to go the other way. I’m taking a 3 hour intensive course I use to onboard digital marketing team managers, and squeeze the juiciest parts in to a maniacal 45 minute measurement manifesto and demo.
Here’s what I’m gong to try to pack in just 45 minutes.
- Measurement is a wast of time (and social media is likely to be as well) if its not connected to your firm’s strategy.
- Once social is tied to strategy, you can place it in a department and use it to accomplish goals.
- While we all want to make money – that’s not a strategy. It is measurable to a degree, but its a result of strategy.
- Generating revenue is a transient result – but gaining social investment from a relevant audience is a persistent asset. (measure and do both)
- Then we go step by step in how to create “social segments” in web analytics, how to measure goals, tag links for more data….and sneaky stuff to help with lead attribution.
- Don’t focus just on what you can measure easily – take in revenue but also cultivate respect and do something that matters for your audience.
Please register now and set an alarm in your schedule to come online. I’d hate to do this without you. Really, it will be fun, and you’ll get stuff you put to work immediately. ;>