Web analytics stalwart Webtrends is increasing its ability to measure traffic from Facebook users and iPhone owners with the acquisition of app platform provider Transpond. They see the acquisition as a complement to their purchase of landing-page optimizer Widemile (now Webtrends Optimize).
The Bay Area start-up employs 10, and provides a suite of software-as-a-service tools that lets firms create Social and Mobile apps to extend their market reach. Transpond will be known as Webtrends Apps.
Related Posts on Digital Investment:
- 2010 Prediction: Digital Marketing IPOs Skyrocket <Dec 27>
- Read the Steamy FriendFinder Prospectus: A Dating and Porn IPO <Jan 19>
- Oracle Purchases Market2Lead IP <May 28>
- Hearst Media Buys iCrossing <June 10>
- Jive Takes 30 Million in Funding – Positions for Future IPO <July 26>
- Skype and Demand Media IPOs Make this the Year of Digital Investment <Aug 9>